- Michael Andrew Bridge Morpurgo, OBE FKC AKC (born 5 October 1943) is an English author, poet, playwright and librettist, best known for his work in children’s literature. He was the third Children’s Laureate.
- (fact) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; “your fears have no basis in fact”; “how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell”
- (fact) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; “first you must collect all the facts of the case”
- A thing that is indisputably the case
- (fact) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; “he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts”
- Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
- A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
michael morpurgo facts – Private Peaceful
As the enemy lurks in the darkness, Thomas struggles to stay awake through the night. He has lived through the terror of gas attacks and watched friends die by his side. But in the morning, Thomas will be forced to confront an even greater horror.
As the minutes tick by, Thomas remembers his childhood spent deep in the countryside with his mother, his brothers, and Molly, the love of his life. But each minute that passes brings Thomas closer to something he can’t bear to to think about–the moment when the war and its horrific consequences will change his life forever.
Elephant door knocker
Guests of honour
michael morpurgo facts
When Michael’s father loses his job, he buys a boat and convinces Michael and his mother to sail around the world. It’s an ideal trip – even Michael’s sheepdog can come along. It starts out as the perfect family adventure – until Michael is swept overboard. He’s washed up on an island, where he struggles to survive. Then he discovers that he’s not alone. His fellow-castaway, Kensuke, is wary of him. But when Michael’s life is threatened, Kensuke slowly lets the boy into his world. The two develop a close understanding in this remote place, but the question of rescue continues to divide them.